|Fri, Sept. 10 (10–12:45 PT / 1–3:45 ET)||DAY 1|
|SESSION 1: WELCOME/OPENING SESSION
Moderator: Robert Lemelson, PhD, President, FPR
· Informal Check-in, how is everyone doing?
|SESSION 2: FUNDED GRANTS/ROUND 2 UPDATES (15 mins each).
Moderator: Carole Browner, PhD, MPH, FPR Board Member
1. The Role of Emotional and Social Regulation in Buffering the Adverse Effects of Trauma Exposure in a Vietnamese Sample, Maria Gendron and Kathy Trang
2. Sources of Complacency During the “New Normal”: The Social Analgesia Hypothesis, Shinobu Kitayama and Sally Seraphin
3. Expanding The Thinking Republic Digital Platform for Better Interdisciplinary Collaboration & Broader Reach, Sally Seraphin
|SESSION 3: SUMMER PROJECTS
Moderators: Tanya Luhrmann, Maria Gendron
4. Mobile Methods Learning Group, Daniel Lende (leader), Maria Gendron, Tawni Tidwell, Kathy Trang (occasional participant observer), Breanne Casper, Angelica Lim.
|2:35–2:40||Break (5 mins)|
|2:40–3:00||5. Synchrony: Tender Rhythms, Dietz Stout and Stephanie Koziej|
|3:00–3:20||6. Making the Invisible Visible: Brain Imaging, Ethnographic Film, and the Capture of Invisible Presence, Michael Lifshitz (leader), Suparna Choudhury|
|3:20–3:40||7. Turtle or Hare: A Mathematical Model of Alternative Developmental Strategies for Optimal Fitness in Safe or Uncertain Socioecological Conditions, Sally Seraphin and Nina Fefferman|
|Saturday, Sept. 11 (10–12:45 PT / 1–3:45 ET)||DAY 2|
|SESSION 4: FUNDED GRANTS/ROUND 2 UPDATES (15 mins each).
Moderator: Marjorie Kagawa-Singer, PhD, FPR Board Member
8. Innovations in Cross-Cultural Clinical Collaboration and Training: Conducting a North American COVID-19 Tibetan Medicine Observation Study under the “New Normal,” Tawni Tidwell
9. Advancing a Norm In/Congruity Theory of Health and Healing: New Normal Social Relations and Emotional Experiences in the Pandemic and Beyond, Jeff Snodgrass
|SESSION 5: SUMMER PROJECTS (20 mins each)
Moderators: Sam Veissière, Chikako Ozawa-de Silva
10. Avatar Involvement, Emotional Experience, and Immune Biology: A Multi-Sited and Cross-Cultural Collaborative Study, Jeffrey Snodgrass and Steve Cole
|2:00–2:20||11. Individual Differences of Resilience and Transformation Through Practice, Tawni Tidwell (leader), Laurence Kirmayer, Chikako Ozawa-de Silva, Seinenu Thein-Lemelson, Samuel Veissière|
|2:20–2:40||12. Intimacy and Marriage Among Women in Japan, Chikako Ozawa-de Silva|
|2:40–3:00||13. Multi-Sited Research on Mind and Emotion in the Context of Culture: Methodological Challenges and Opportunities, Jeff Snodgrass (leader), Maria Gendron, Tanya Luhrmann, Kathy Trang, Sayed Shabab Wahid, Kara Weisman|
|SESSION 6: FUNDED GRANT / ROUND 2 / UPDATE AND LOOKING AHEAD
Moderator: Carol Worthman
14. Mind and Spirit Interdisciplinary Cross-Site Analyses, Tanya Luhrmann, Kara Weisman, et al.
15. Wrap-up, looking ahead (e.g., next round of grants – questions and ideas, ideas for focused discussions, 2022 plans)